Frequently Asked Questions
NOTICE: THE COMMUNICATIONS MADE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN OFFER TO SELL AN L&L HAWAIIAN BARBECUE® FRANCHISE, NOR THE COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTED TO, THE RESIDENTS OF ANY JURISDICTION REQUIRING REGISTRATION OF THE FRANCHISE BEFORE IT IS OFFERED AND SOLD IN THAT JURISDICTION. THIS OFFER IS NOT BEING DIRECTED TO ANY RESIDENT OF THE FOLLOWING STATES, OR ANY STATE, PROVINCE, COUNTRY OR JURISDICTION WHERE L&L HAWAIIAN BARBECUE IS NOT CURRENTLY REGISTERED TO OFFER OR SELL, UNLESS OTHERWISE QUALIFIED OR EXEMPT. L&L HAWAIIAN BARBECUE® FRANCHISES WILL NOT BE SOLD TO ANY RESIDENT OF ANY JURISDICTION UNTIL THE OFFERING HAS BEEN EXEMPTED FROM THE REQUIREMENT OF, OR DULY REGISTERED IN AND DECLARED EFFECTIVE BY, SUCH JURISDICTION AND THE REQUIRED FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT (FDD) HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO THE PROSPECTIVE FRANCHISEE IN COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. UPON INQUIRY YOU WILL BE INFORMED IF A FRANCHISE OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE IN YOUR STATE OR OTHER JURISDICTION. AN OFFER OF A FRANCHISE IS MADE ONLY BY MEANS OF THE L&L FRANCHISE, INC.’S FDD. PROSPECTIVE FRANCHISEES ARE ENCOURAGED TO OBTAIN AND CAREFULLY READ THE L&L FRANCHISE, INC.’S FDD AND THOROUGHLY EVALUATE ANY FRANCHISE OFFERING WITH A QUALIFIED FRANCHISE ATTORNEY BEFORE DECIDING TO SIGN AN AGREEMENT OR SPEND ANY MONEY.
1. What is the initial franchise fee?
The initial franchise fee in the United States is $30,000.00.
2. What is the monthly royalty fee?
3. What is the monthly advertising and promotion fee?
4. What is the estimated initial investment for a turnkey L& L Hawaiian Barbecue?
The estimated initial investment for a turnkey L&L ranges from $129,600 to $510,400. It depends on the location, size, and existing facility.
5. What about selecting the site for L&L?
A franchisee/operator is responsible to find and acquire a site. We will approve or disapprove the site after an analysis of the location, taking into consideration the proposed rental, population mixture, geographic area, including vehicular traffic, business hours, and any other facet of particular location that would affect the possibilities of success or failure. If you need help in finding a site, we may recommend a real estate broker in your area.
6. What is the typical size of an L&L?
A typical L&L restaurant is approximately 1,200 to 1,500 square feet space. However, the store may vary from 1,000 to 2,500 square feet.
7. Do you provide financing?
We do not offer direct or indirect financing nor will we guarantee your note, lease or other obligations.
8. How many L&L’s do you have?
There are 60 L&L Drive-Inn®/L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Hawaii, and 89 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in California, 16 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Nevada, 6 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Washington, 2 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Utah, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant in Arizona, 2 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Colorado, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant in Alaska, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant and 1 L&L Hawaiian Grill® restaurant in Texas, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant in New York, 2 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Oregon, 1 L&L Hawaiian Grill® restaurant in Tennessee, 2 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Guam,1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Japan, 2 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurants in Indonesia, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant in Malaysia, 1 L&L Hawaiian Barbecue® restaurant in Philippines, and more restaurants will open in 2016.
9. What do you provide to assist a franchisee before the opening?
• We will provide guidance and suggestions for locating an approved location.
• We will lend a copy of our operation manual that contains mandatory and suggested specifications, standards, and procedures. This manual is confidential and remains our property.
• We will provide standard décor and layout plans to you to modify and to conform to our approved location by architect or contractor. You must pay the cost of the construction and remodeling.
• We will train you and your manager. We do not charge for the training but you must pay for transportation and accommodation for you or your manager. Training is held in Honolulu.
• We are not obligated to provide any other supervision, assistance or service before the opening of your L & L restaurant.
10. What is the length of time before opening?
The typical length of time after you signed the franchise agreement and opening an L & L ranges from 3 to 9 months.
• Design: 1 to 2 months
• Permits: 1 to 2 months
• Construction: 2 to 3 months
• Preparation: 1/2 to 1 month
11. Are you offering franchises in other countries?
We are open to expand the L&L brand internationally. The initial franchise fee, monthly royalty fee and advertising fee may vary. If you are interested in franchising outside of the United States, or have additional question, please contact our Director of Franchising, Ms. Josie Akana, at email@example.com or call at (808) 951-9888.
12. Where do I get more information on L&L franchise?
Please print and completely fill out the Franchise Application Form. Mail it to 931 University Avenue, Suite 202, Honolulu, Hawaii 96826, U.S.A, Attn: Director of Franchising. Upon receipt and review of your completed application, someone from our franchise department will contact you. Should you need further questions, please feel free to contact us at (808) 951-9888 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.